Gone Shoppin'


I knew I said I would be frugal, but this was just too good an offer to pass on.

Well it wasn't an offer really. But I just found these three books on Amazon and I thought I would give them a go. I love books, and I love books about photography the most! They give me a lot of inspiration and motivation to get better.

I ordered Focus On Digital Photography by Jenny Binder, since I intend to make a more serious investment in portraiture when I get my new camera this summer and an accompanying 85mm lens. I have been getting a lot of requests from friends here and in the Philippines to make portraits of them. But I still feel I do not have ample knowledge when it comes to technical settings, posing and lighting. And I hope this book will help!

The second book I ordered will, I hope, help me keep my motivation up for the entire year. Creative Digital Photography: 52 Weekend Projects by Chris Gattum. I attempted a 366-day project this January but I had to scrap it because of time pressures. But I am sure I will manage one project a week!

And of course a new camera will mean that I will have to increase my knowledge on post-processing. That is why I also ordered Apple Aperture 3: A Workflow Guide for Digital Photographers. I feel I am quite adept in using this wonderful software, but I am sure there is a lot more to it that I haven't discovered yet. Hopefully by the time I am finished reading this book I would have acquired more information as to how to exploit Apple Aperture 3 to the fullest and make even more stunning photographs.

I ordered these books last night after talking with another photographer friend and colleague from the UK.  He was trying to feel his way around Apple Aperture 3 and trying to make a slideshow. I know how to make them using this software, but I know with proper training I will be able to make even more professional-looking ones. So I picked up this book along with the two others to make sure that I stay motivated and creative while saving money for a new camera.

These books are now dispatched, and I selected express delivery via UPS when I ordered these so I hope I get them by tomorrow afternoon! I will write my first impressions about these books as soon as I get them, and I will hopefully throw in a few surprise articles as well. So stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts