Frustrations! (Part 2)


I guess I was right not to get my hopes up!

Even with enough plus hours my paycheck wasn't enough to enable me to preorder my D800 tomorrow. It would have been enough, but I have other obligations, like rent, electricity, and insurance. It is imperative that these be paid on time, so I guess the answer is no. It would be enough if my Pentax K-5 were already sold. But it's still here, and my prospective buyers haven't contacted me at all today.

To make matters worse, it seems the D800 price increase which hit the UK recently is going to hit Norway as well. This afternoon my local dealer has announced on their website that the price of the D800 will increase, so if one wants to avail of the camera at the originally announced price, one has to preorder before April 2! Oh well, the cruelties of life.

My only hope now is for one of the prospective Pentax K-5 buyers get in touch with me and buy the camera before the weekend is over! I'm imagining that this is going to be a tough call. I want to get my hopes up on this one, but...

But I guess this really wasn't the original plan, so I shouldn't be too disappointed. My plan was to save, for MANY months, until I have enough money to buy both the camera and lens. To be able to purchase the D800 only after two months of saving, is actually too good to be true.

I will probably just have to keep saving, and buy the D800 at its new price (probably in the same price range as the Canon EOS 5D Mark III). It's a bit disappointing, but that is the way it has to be, I guess.

I guess it's really true that the poor man always pays twice? :-(

Comments

Popular Posts