Another Step Closer


Somebody up there must have seen my hard work, my passion, and my ambition! Thank You!

The weather wasn't as pleasant today as it had been this whole week. It was rather chilly, and it looked like it was going to rain. Nonetheless I decided to walk home from work. And out of pure spontaneity, I went to visit FotoVideo again. I didn't really have any reason to. I was rather resigned to the fact that I won't be able to make the April 2 cut-off and preorder the Nikon D800 before the prices went up.

But while inside the store an idea came up. So I took a number, and waited patiently as the expeditors entertained the drones of customers who are probably purchasing a new camera to use during the Easter holidays.

Finally it was my turn, and in a humble tone, I asked the expeditor if they will allow me to put  downpayment on a preorder of the D800. I offered to pay half of the sales price. I was prepared to offer a little bit more if need be.

I didn't have to. He placed an order for me, without any downpayment! I will just have to pay when the camera arrives. And the icing on the cake: he implied that the wait list for the D800 isn't that really long. Norway is, after all, a small country, so he reckons that I should be able to get the camera by the 2nd or 3rd week of April! At this point I couldn't keep myself from smiling.

In the end things turned out in my favor after all. I am another step closer to getting what is probably the most sought after camera in the world at the moment!

It has been a stressful and tiring week. But the culmination was, put simply, sweet. Now I am looking forward to two full days of rest and recreation.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts