Home...for a short while.



It has been a while since I posted something on my blog. An you probably noticed that I changed the name back to what I originally called it 9 years ago since I started it. The blog is coming full circle, so to speak. And probably so will the rest of my life.

I actually have been to several short trips around the Philippines that I will be posting about soon. But recently, I just recently concluded a trip back to where it all began: Norway. Or the town of Stavanger to be precise. Stavanger is not really my hometown. That honor belongs to Oslo of course. But it is still in Norway nevertheless. And setting foot on home soil again after 6 years of being away, it sure brings back a lot of mixed feelings.



It was the perfect time to be in Norway as it is in the middle of summer. Stavanger was surely as its best, lush with flowers blooming everywhere and migrant birds frolicking even in the middle of the city. The nature is what I miss the most about being in Norway. And being in Norway last week just reminded me how much I really missed it! Fortunately my colleague from our Norway office offered to take me to an extended tour of the city, and I was able to get from the hustle and bustle of the city center, to the less crowded, greener, outskirts. Thank you so much Karin!






















Even though the purpose of the travel was mostly for work, I had a wonderful time walking around the city after work, breathing in the crisp cold summer air, drinking freezing water straight from the tap (!), looking at the sights and reliving all the other small things that you never know you missed until you get to experience them again.

And I missed a lot of things, indeed.
















I guess there is really no use for me trying to deny where "home" really is. I have spent much of my growing life in Norway, and no amount of denying can hide the fact that Norway is where I truly belong.

But I cannot just force repatriate myself back there as I have already built myself a comfortable life here in the Philippines. Then again,  knowing me, and how my life has turned out over the years, fate has an uncanny way of stepping in to "force" me in the direction that my life is supposed to take. Six years ago, it made me sail back to the birth country. Maybe now, it is signalling me to start making my way back. And just like six years ago, I will welcome this change with open arms.

But all in due time. For now, I can dream about last week. And look forward to more visits "home."











Comments

Popular Posts