Sunsets



My colleagues ask me why I like taking sunset pictures a lot. They must really think that I am a very melancholic person.

Well, that can be true. I can be melancholic, but not all the time. In fact, over the years I have learned to be a very happy person. Sometimes too happy. If there is ever such a thing as positive anxiety, where you get giddy and restless because of thinking too many happy thoughts and making a lot of happy plans, then that is me.

Truth be told, I take pictures of sunsets, because I am too lazy to wake up early and take pictures of sunrises.

And besides, sunsets can be quite dramatic. Who doesn't like a bit of drama in their life :-)




Sunsets to me are an inspiration. They are, to me, a constant reminder that no matter how old we get, we will all go through several phases of renewals in our lives. A chapter of life ending, and the start of a new one. After having been to Norway recently and seeing for the first time in many years what I have been missing, I am now patiently waiting for a new chapter in my life to begin, and hoping that this chapter will be the one where I will once again return to the place that made me who I am today.

And maybe, just maybe, I will be able to live my life there a little bit differently this time.























Comments

Popular Posts